Friday, February 15, 2013

A Good Tool -- Classroom 2.0


      I went Through all the websites and I think Classroom 2.0 is the most useful one for me.
      In this website, I have the chance to access to different teachers blogs and know events happening in the field of L2 teaching. I can also join groups I interested in and discuss with other teachers in the forum.

      On the homepage of Classroom 2.0, I can see the latest statement in the forum. Some teachers ask some questions. If I know the answer, I can post it. If I do not know, I think go through others' answers is a kind of learning. There are also some good recommendations such as useful books, related websites and interesting apps. It is definitely a good resource for teachers to build up their own teaching exchequers. It is a information era and technology tools alter the traditional teaching modality. Teachers, especially teacher like me will teach another language in non-native-speaking countries, can not just rely on prescriptive textbooks. When I have digital tools which are very helpful for me, I can recommend them to my students to facilitate their English learning in multiple aspects. I also hope I can use some advanced tools to open their horizons to let them know that English can be learned in this way.

      Go back to Classroom 2.0, I also appreciate the latest activities apart. I find a lot of activities I am interested in. Maybe taking apart in these activities is a good opportunity for me know friends and experience something new.
      

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you when you say, "When I have digital tools which are very helpful for me, I can recommend them to my students to facilitate their English learning in multiple aspects."

    While we as teachers can find many tools for teaching and connecting, we should also be thinking about how our students can use these same tools and become more effective autonomous lifelong learners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment. We must also realize how important it is to share with our colleagues, especially those of whom teach the same discipline as us- after all that is connectivism and networking. Teacher 2.0 is also a useful tool for networking.

    ReplyDelete